Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Renee (And All My Canadian Trans Peeps and Readers)

One of the wonderful things about the Internet is that no wonder where you live, from the comfort of your home you can take an informational journey around the world.

I've been blessed to have a lot of readers from Canada who peruse this blog. It's a fact I'm very proud of since I do have a broad international view of the transgender rights struggle.

Our Canadian cousins celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October. So on the occasion of my Canadian cousins getting their grub on today and giving thanks for the blessings in their lives, I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to my Canadian readers for spending your valuable web surfing time reading TransGriot.

I wanted to say a special thanks on this day to a person who has become a close friend and homegirl in Renee and her family. You have been a blessing in my life this year, and I give thanks to the Creator on this day for you being in mine.

Unfortunately one of the things at your dinner table won't be me or the cornbread recipe I owe you.

I also thank you for being a staunch ally and being in mine and the rest of the trans community's corner.

I also give thanks to peeps like Mercedes Allen, Dr. Miqqi Alicia Gilbert, Michelle Dumaresq, Linus, Micheline Montreuil, Victoria Stuart, Veronique, Elizabeth Tyler and countless other Canadian trans peeps and their allies. You are all doing your parts to fight for the rights of transpeople who reside inside the Great White North.

By doing the education, breaking barriers in Canadian society, making history and fighting the Forces of Intolerance, you drive home the simple points that Canada is your home and you are human beings deserving of all it has to offer.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you peeps north of the border.

Try not to eat too much turkey, eh?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Aww thanks and I hope when your turkey day comes it is wonderful as well. I notice you keep talking about the cornbread but I don't see any cornbread LOL