Thursday, April 01, 2010

I'm Joining The NCTE Board

I have an announcement to make that is probably going to come as a shock to some people who have known me for a while.

It's also going to come as a surprise to the folks who are aware of the negative history I have had with the founder and executive director of this organization.

But for the sake of the transgender community, I'm putting that animosity aside to announce that I've been invited to join the board of the National Center For Transgender Equality and will be accepting the invitation to do so.

You know how I've been a big advocate of the 'we need to be in it to win it' school of activism, and frankly, it's time for me to join an organization that has those connections to the inside the Beltway power peeps.

It's all about doing what I can do to help advance the cause of transpeeps of color, and this is one way of doing so.

My term on the board will start immediately, and I'm looking forward to working with the NCTE team and getting our remaining transgender legislative crown jewels passed.

Oh yeah, one other thing before I end this announcement and you start sending me mail in the comments section.

Check today's date.

No comments: