Friday, May 07, 2010

Shut Up Fool! Awards-Moni's Moving Edition

Well TransGriot readers, in a few hours I'll be packing my stuff into a moving van (no, it's not from Arizona based U-Haul) and pointing it south on I-65 to begin the 1000 mile journey back to the Lone Star State.

It's been an emotional week already with me saying goodbye to many of the people I met when I arrived here in September 2001, my Edenside church family, and my neighbors.

To add to the drama I passed another birthday on Tuesday.

So while I'm closing one chapter on my life here in Kentucky, I'm starting another one back in Texas. Houston's changed a bit since I left in 2001, and it's going to be an interesting adventure to find out how and in what ways, good, bad and indifferent. And you know once I get settled, you TransGriot readers will be along for the ride.

Now let's get to this week's Shut Up Fool Award.

This week's fool, hands down is Grover Norquist. You can thank him for the massive debts that your local GOP dominated governments have run up with his anti-government anti-tax 'Starve the Beast' crap designed to deprive your government of the funds it needs to operate properly.

The conservahead of the Americans For Taxpayer Reform has said a lot of stupid, headscrating stuff over the years, but this recent one printed in the Sun Myung Moon Yimes 'Inside the Beltway' earned him this week's SUF Award.

He tried to claim that calling the Teabaggers by the name they chose for themselves is the equivalent of the N-word

"This remark is the equivalent of using the 'n' word. It shows contempt for middle America, expressed knowingly, contemptuously, on purpose, and with a smirk. It is indefensible to use this word. The president knows what it means, and his people know what it means. The public thought we reached a new low of incivility during the Clinton administration. Well, the Obama administration has just outdone them,"

You know you white male conservafools dripping in WMP really need to stop showing your ignorance. It's not even light-years close as my sis Renee points out.

There is no word that has the 400 year negative history of chattel slavery and virulent impact as the n-word does. Don't even attempt to try to claim that one does, especially one that privileged white people chose as a label for themselves.

We African descended ones didn't choose or have that option with the n-word..

Grover Norquist, shut the HELL up fool!

No comments: