Wednesday, September 01, 2010

September Musing

Ah September. The kids are going back to school, Labor Day weekend is fast approaching. there will be football on all weekend, summer's almost over, and the weather starts cooling off enough so I can break out my boots and fall sweater dresses and outfits.

Oh yeah, did I mention football?

I'm just eleven days from taking a trip up to western Massachusetts and acting as the grand marshal for their Trans march and rally. Looking forward to having the opportunities when they arise to discuss the trans community from an African flavored perspective.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the Number one FIBA ranked Team USA women can reclaim international basketball supremacy when the FIBA Worlds for women ballers starts in the Czech Republic September 23-October 3.

And when the calendar page switches from August, this song pops into my head.



I'm also looking forward to the Texans rematch with that NFL team north of here.

Now it's time for me to get busy perfecting my speech for the rally.

No comments: