Saturday, January 29, 2011

Miss Y'all Too Kentucky Division

The Super Youth Regional fencing tournament started yesterday at the Executive Hotel and Suites and is going on in Louisville this weekend through the 30th.

For a moment it looked like I might get the opportunity to fly up there and once again be the announcer for that event.  But alas, it didn't work out for me this time.

Dawn did call me last night with her latest Louisville update and what's transpiring in her life as well.   We're still tight even though I don't get to spend as much time with her (and Polar) as I used to.

Dawn is working the SYC, and one of the first questions from many of the participants that arrived to check in and participate in the various events was "Where's Monica?" 

It seems that my statuesque presence was missed, especially by the people of LFC, Bluegrass FCIndy Sabre, Knight of Swords and the Kentucky Division of USFA.   That made me tear up a little hearing that news.  

It may sound corny , but one of my goals in anything I participate in is to represent myself and my community with dignity and class, do the best job I can while I'm involved with it and leave it in better shape than when I found it. 

Guess I made more of a positive impact on people in the fencing community than I thought.  

On that note, have a wonderful and successful; SYC tournament.   I miss being the announcer for that event and had a lot of fun doing it.

And I miss you too Kentucky Division.



 

No comments: