Friday, August 10, 2012

2012 TransFaith In Color Conference Countdown

I'm still refining the speech, but the glance at the calendar on the wall tells me I'm now a week away from being in Charlotte for the 2012 edition of the TransFaith In Color Conference

As you can tell I'm excited to be headed to it for the first time and being honored with delivering the keynote speech for it.   From the feedback I'm getting, the feeling is mutual. 

I know I have some tough acts to follow in previous conference keynoters such as Jamison Green (2010) and Rev. Erin Swenson (2011), but I believe I'm more than capable of following in those iconic leader's footsteps and I'm looking forward to attending some of the sessions and panel discussions..  

The conference is free, and is taking place August 17-19 at the Hilton Hotel University Place and is being presented by the Charlotte based Freedom Center For Social Justice with the theme of 'You Are Not Alone'. 

So for those of you in the Charlotte area, I'll be there starting on Friday and I'm looking forward to meeting TFIC 2012 attendees and as many of you peeps in the area as possible while I'm in the Queen City.

No comments: