Friday, July 19, 2013

5th Annual Texas Transgender Non Discrimination Summit Today

At the moment I'm getting my beauty sleep in preparation for a long day on the campus of my alma mater for the 5th annual Texas Transgender Non Discrimination Summit at the University of Houston today and Saturday July 20.

This is not only one of my fave local events, it's one that for the first time since I came back home I'm actually taking the plunge of not just reporting on it as I've done since 2010, but teach a seminar too.

The seminar I'm teaching is going to be on Contemporary Texas Trans History.  I have about 45 minutes to cover the last 40 years of Texas transgender history.   I have a fascinating and interesting story to tell and I'm looking forward to doing so.

It's not too late for you to join us, so head on over to the University Classroom and Business Building behind the University Center on the Calhoun street side on the campus and join us starting at 8:30 AM CDT 

And are you doing the chocolate break again this year? 
 

No comments: