Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 2014!

Happy Thanksgiving Day TransGriot readers!

Turkey Day 2014 has turned out to be a little different than I expected it to be.   In addition to now living in a new place, I moved into it just last Monday.  

I'm also now looking at the stress inducing prospect of having to break bread with the two transphobic relatives who caused the drama in the first place.

Well, I'm planning on breaking bread elsewhere on Turkey Day because the crap they put me through is still too raw emotionally for me to be able to sit across the table from them. 

But for those of you in non-stressful family situations, be it with chosen or blood family, hope you are having a wonderful holiday full of good grub while surrounded by good people. 

Despite how it happened, I am thankful today for the roof over my head and the local, national and international help that made it a reality.  I'm thankful for relatively good health, my friends and supportive family, and all those people that I've met during this amazing year.

Happy Thanksgiving people!

No comments: