Friday, November 07, 2014

Leaving On A Jet Plane- To Chicago

Box cutter found aboard Southwest Airlines flight at Hobby AirportAfter a drama filled month of October, I'm finally taking the trip to Chicago that I had planned before the drama was set in motion by transphobic relatives resulting in me having to scramble to find new housing arrangements.

I'm headed to the Windy City for the  Representing Trans* Symposium in Chicago at the Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry on the University of Chicago campus November 8.

I'm part of a 3:30 PM panel on Saturday entitled ''Artistic and Activist Approaches To Trans Representation.'  moderated by Chase Joynt..
.
In addition to myself, the panelists will be Amos Mac, Tiq Milan, Jen Richards, and Ariel Schrag.  It should be a fascinating discussion scheduled to run until 5:00 PM..

Looking forward to it, and seeing as many of my Chicago trans family as I can see during my all too brief scheduled time up there.

No comments: