Sunday, May 01, 2016

BTAC 2016 Final Day Highlights

Our week in Dallas for the Black Trans Advocacy Conference ended far too soon, and now we'll have to say goodbye to each other until next year.

BTAC 2016 has been an amazing event.   In its fifth anniversary year, we moved to a new hotel and broke our attendance record.  We had far more first time attendees this year and international attendees from Brazil and Jamaica..

The international attendees is a pattern I personally love and want to see continue.  The international attendees expand and add another level to the discussions we're having when it comes to being Black and trans.

For those of us who are still in the DFW area or at the hotel, we get the chance to meet up at Blue Mesa for our Farewell Brunch starting at 12 noon CDT.  We talk about the amazing week we had, share one last meal together, and lay some organizational groundwork for BTAC 2017.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss it since my Megabus is leaving for Houston at 2:50 PM, but I'll be thinking about everyone on the ride back down to my end of I-45 and eagerly anticipating the dates for BTAC 2017

No comments: